Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dear Snow Gods...

I wants me a snow day. Why is it that in third world countries children would give anything for an education, and us Americans just want to find ways we can miss school?

J and I got our nails did today. Twas my first time getting fake nails. "Why, yes, they are fake." I'm wondering what D is going to say about them. Probably nothing...he never comments much about things like that. I thought it was a little silly to get them done for a school dance but I think J just really wanted an excuse. We are both unstoppable nail biters. (At last, I find my soul mate.) I am going with T this year because D is in college now and is too high and mighty for things of the high schoolish nature. Not like I went with D last year anyways...

I'm most excited for my before party. I've had one for two years now and I am determined to have my final one be my best. I really do love entertaining. I think when I'm older I'll just have all kinds of little get-togethers. I think they're terribly classic. It's funny, sometimes I'll just do something because I like to connotation of doing it. My parents have very wealthy friends and I remember going over their lavish homes and eating insanely wonderful food as a child. And there was lots of wine. Despite my finicky taste for it, I think I'll always associate "good breeding" and "dinner parties on the yacht" and that whole unbelievable life style with a dainty glass of white wine. None at my party unfortunately; I have stupid friends who wouldn't appreciate my symbolism. Or they would freak out. For instance I know this girl who I grow to dislike more and more each day. She's all "my mom told me not to..." which is absurd- at what point will she become a independent person I wonder? She refuses to park on the curb because she was "brought up to park in the parking lot; there could be thieves." What does that mean?

I just hung up with C. God I love her- I hope we stay in touch next year.

I have English homework pouring out of my ass. All this speed reading is making me hate the Canterbury Tales.

No comments: